Where organic people meet – World’s leading Trade Fair for Organic Food
February 13-16, 2024, Nürnberg, Germany
Ready to enter the global market, but looking for the right opportunity?
BIOFACH, held annually in Nürnberg, Germany, is the world’s largest strictly organic trade fair. The next edition of this USDA-endorsed event is scheduled for February 13-16, 2024, Exhibiting in the USA Pavilion provides greater visibility on the show floor and the convenience of a turnkey booth package.
BIOFACH 2023 featured 2,765 exhibitors and over 36,000 trade buyers from 135 countries.
Benefits of exhibiting in the USA Pavilion at BIOFACH 2024 include:
- Global opportunity without the complications of exhibiting overseas
- Prime location on show floor
- Strong USA identification – focal point for international importers and brokers
- Professional guidance and logistical coordination from NürnbergMesse North America, Inc. in the United States and on-site
- Hospitality service provided by multi hostesses
- Access to the USA Pavilion Business Lounge with complimentary wi-fi, daily catering with light refreshments and snacks
- Marketing support services from USDA’s Office of Agricultural Affairs in Berlin/Vienna including local promotion to importers and ongoing marketing assistance during the show
Historic Organic Equivalence Arrangement Goes Into Force Between
the European Union and the United States
With the U.S.-EU Organic Equivalence Arrangement which entered into force on June 1, 2012, there are more opportunities than ever for U.S. organic companies to expand into the global markets. The U.S.-EU arrangement facilitates the trade in organic products between the world’s two largest organic markets. Previously, growers and companies wanting to trade products on both sides of the Atlantic had to certify to both U.S. and EU standards, which meant extra fees, inspections, and paperwork. Now, products certified in the United States or Europe may now be sold as organic in either region. The new arrangement is especially helpful to USDA/NOP certified small and medium-sized organic producers looking to start selling into the European market. For more information, please visit www.ams.usda.gov/services/organic-certification/international-trade/European%20Union.
Did you know that you may be eligible to receive up to 50% reimbursement of trade show expenses through the Branded Program?
M(arket) A(ccess) P(rogram) Funding is offered by the State Regional Trade Groups:
Northeast & Midwest U.S. www.foodexport.org
Western U.S. www.wusata.org
Southern U.S. www.susta.org
Program eligibility rules apply.
All products on display must meet the organic requirements outlined by BIOFACH show management. In addition, all firms exhibiting in the USA Pavilion at a USDA endorsed show, must promote and display a majority of products greater than 51% by SKU count that are of U.S. origin. A product is determined to be of U.S. origin if is comprised of at least 51% U.S. origin content, by volume, or by value, exclusive of added water. In addition all exhibitors have to meet the BIOFACH admission criteria set by the organizers.